Yup, I probably went a little overboard with the pink in here...
I am glad that I already have a nice pan of Sailor Moon available, so I did not have to magnify and try to sharpen. If you know where to find a nice full-body panshot of Jupiter in the 90s anime, please tell me (Not Makoto pans, mind you. And I know that she has pans in episodes 41 and 102, but those episodes are ugly as fuck.)
The Silver Millennium castle is the hardest thing to incorporate into this wallpaper because of its long and well-defined shape, unlike other canon castles with only one shape and can just be allowed to float near the corresponding celestial body. I decided to bend the elongated SilMil castle, and it took me 10-ish attempts to get what I want.Others in the "Senshi in Space" series for PC wallpapers:- Mars, Phobos and Deimos: fav.me/dc8pi63
- Venus and friends
Credit for the astronomical images used in the wallpaper:
- The Moon: Gregory H. Revera
- NGC 2775: ©
Adam Block/Mount Lemmon SkyCenter/University of Arizona
- NGC 2535: Public domain image. Authors: M. Hancock (East Tennessee State University), B. J. Smith (East Tennessee State University), C. Struck (Iowa State University), M. L. Giroux (East Tennessee State University), P. N. Appleton (Spitzer Science Center), V. Charmandaris (University of Crete), W. T. Reach (Spitzer Science Center)
- NGC 2608: Courtesy of the Sloan Digital Sky Survey. Source: commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fil…
- The Beehive Cluster: Eclipse.sx (on Wikimedia Commons).
- M67: (public domain image) The image obtained as part of the Two Micron All Sky Survey (2MASS), a joint project of the University of Massachusetts and the Infrared Processing and Analysis Center/California Institute of Technology, funded by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and the National Science Foundation.Sailor Moon is © to Takeuchi Naoko, Toei & Kodansha. No infringement intended.